Beaverton Activity Center remembers and honors the spirit of Bruce Guy,
Director of Gladwin County District Library, and our visionary and faithful board member.
He loved books, music and history. He was filled with empathy for others, especially shown
in his frequent outreach to families of veterans no longer living, but still very much with us.
He played a significant role in making the BAC a reality.
You are missed, Bruce….but you will always be with us.
VOLLEYBALL CLINIC for 4th & 5th Grade Girls
Learn the fundamentals and improve current skills in 6-Week Clinic
• Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 10:30 am.
• January 20 and 27, February 3, 10 and 24, and March 3
$20 participant fee payable at first clinic on Jan. 20
Parental consent form must be signed at first clinic on Jan. 20
YOUTH ACTIVITIES Winter 1 Session - January thru March
Register by January 5! Call Coleman Family Center 989-465-2079
Tumble Tots - #325464-E
• Cost $40 Time: 9:00am - 9:45am Dates: Jan 8 – Feb 12 Ages: 2yrs-6yrs
• This class is about exploring the beginning of tumbling. Children will be given free time to explore tumbling at their own pace along with direction on how to use the equipment.
Mini Cheer - #325330-B
• Cost $60 Time: 3:30-4:15pm Dates: Jan 2 – March 20 Ages: 3yrs-5yrs
• Mini leaders will learn a routine with stunts and tumbling to be performed at half-time at Beaverton High School February 8th, at Winter 1 Showcase on February 17th, and at a basketball game at The Coleman Family Center on March 3rd. We will also walk in Clare’s Saint Patrick Day Parade on March 17th. Two-year-olds may join if they pass a listening test with the coach prior to the class. Contact us via Facebook at “Greater Cheer Teams”
Cheerleading - #325330-C
• Cost $60 Time: 4:30-5:45pm Dates: Jan 2 – March 20 Ages: 6yrs-12yrs
• Cheerleaders will be attending every event the mini leaders are. We will do stunts, tumbling, pyramids, and work on other cheer skills. Two different uniforms and a set of poms are provided for use for both cheer teams at no extra cost to parents!
Agility Warriors - #325370-E
• Cost $40 Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm Dates: Jan 10 – Feb 14
• This is a fun “Ninja Warrior” type class!
Baby Ballet - #325360-E
• Cost $40 Time: 4:30pm – 5:15pm Dates: Jan 11 – Feb 15 Ages: 3yrs - 6yrs
• Students will explore balance, flexibility, 1st , 2nd, plie’, releve’, and 3rd position, while also exploring the acting that goes into dancing with our handpicked songs. For the Showcase Season, dancers will learn a group dance. Contact the instructor to inquire about opportunity for limited solos: email@example.com
Tumbling/Gymnastics - #325365-E
• Cost $40 Time: 5:45pm - 6:30pm Dates: Jan 11 – Feb 15 Ages: 4yrs-13yrs
• Tumbling class is for beginners and the newly experienced. We will work on rolls, cartwheels, balance, bridges, flexibility, bar basics, and beam basics. This group will be led by Miss Allison.
• Gymnastics will focus on flexibility, back walkovers, back hand springs, tucks, aerials, basic bar skills, basic beam skills, and more work based on each students’ ability. You must have a straight controlled cartwheel to join this class. This group will be led by Miss Ravia.
All Sports - #325236-E
• Cost $40 Time: 6:45pm-7:30pm Dates: Jan 11 – Feb 15 Ages: 5yrs-9yrs
• Explore the basics of a different sport each week along with stretching and conditioning. Sports that will be introduced are basketball, soccer, baseball, football, and tennis.